News that Ditto has been found has been doing the rounds for days, and catching one ourselves meant it was definitely official. However, Niantic took their time announcing Ditto is in the game, but now it has finally happened. Ditto Gym abilities and more are discussed.
Here’s the official announcement –
Professor Willow has finally discovered Ditto! Trainers all over the world have been reporting its appearance.
Ditto has been known to disguise itself as other Pokémon, so keep an eye out, some Pokémon may actually be Ditto, and when you capture them, there’s a chance that Ditto will reveal itself. If you do encounter a Pokémon that is Ditto in disguise, the Pokémon in that specific encounter will also reveal itself as Ditto for other Trainers.
Ditto is also a unique Pokémon when you interact with Gyms. When training or battling at a Gym, Ditto will copy the appearance, types, and moves of the first Pokémon it sees, and it will stay that way through the remainder of those Gym battles.
The Pokémon GO team
DITTO GYM ENCOUNTERS
- Ditto will transform into the first non-Ditto that it encounters. It does this when both defending and when attacking.
- After transforming, Ditto will take the stats and moves of its target, but will retain it’s own level and IVs, so CP won’t be the same in the majority of cases.
- Ditto vs. Ditto is a funny affair, since they can barely hurt each other and pretty much nothing will happen in that battle.
- Ditto will only use Transform once per battle, and will remain as the Pokemon for the remainder of the battle.
MORE DITTO FACTS
- Ditto requires walking 3km in order to gain 1 candy as a Buddy Pokemon.
- Dittos in disguise can be found while using Incense.
- Disguised Ditto’s that escape, will not appear as Ditto in the journal
Good luck at the Gyms and finding those Dittos!