Pokemon GO Halloween Event
Starts – October 26, 2016
Ends – November 01, 2016
Official word from Niantic –
“It’s Halloween season and we have a treat for you! From October 26th to November 1st, you’ll earn double the amount of Candy every time you catch, hatch and transfer Pokémon! Don’t forget your Buddy Pokémon, because they will help you earn Candy four times as fast.
If you encounter more spooky Pokémon than normal, don’t be startled, they want to enjoy the fun too! Scare up some friends, grab your buddy and enjoy this spooky, fun celebration with us!
* Distance needed for buddy Pokemon candy is a quarter of the normal distance. For example, Lapras’ 5km distance is 1.25km during the event. Magikarp’s 1km is 250m.
Increased Pokemon Spawns
Zubat, Golbat, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Drowzee, Hypno, Cubone, Marowak, Meowth.
- Stock up on candy required for Gen 2 evolutions
- Take advantage of decreased distance for rare Pokemon like Lapras, Charmander and Snorlax, to quickly get candy for power-ups and evolutions.
- Easily get a Pikachu to sit on your shoulder if you haven’t already.
- Egg hatching usually nets large amounts of candy. Now Multiply by two 🙂
Check back for future events like the speculated Christmas and Easter events as we get closer to those dates.